- Delivers stability and long-term sustainability of embankment materials.
- The 3D system confines and reinforces the upper soil layer to resist erosive conditions and sliding forces.
- Confined infill allows slopes to be designed and constructed steeper than when unconfined, saving land costs.
Ideal for vegetation, permeable aggregate or hard-armored concrete.
- Stabilizes and protects channels exposed to erosive conditions of all types.
- From low to high flows, intermittent or continuous, the system can be designed to withstand the highest velocities.
Combined with a TRM, the vegetated Geoweb system can withstand velocities as high as 30 ft/sec (9m/sec).* Replace costly and high-maintenance rip rap with more attractive stabilized vegetation in drainage ditches, swales and stormwater channels.
– Geoweb/TRM Research Colorado State University
Confinement also reduces aggregate requirements**, allowing smaller, less-expensive aggregate. For higher volocities, concrete infill provides hard, durable protection.
– Geoweb/Aggregate Research Colorado State University
- A proven solution for stabilizing and minimizing the sliding potential of infill materials over impervious liners.
- High-strength tendons are integral when anchors cannot be used. Tendon details are part of the complimentary design evaluation Presto offers.
Protect from Surface Scour
- Protect against erosion caused by concentrated surface flow with the Presto GeoRunner Flow Protection mats.
- Mats can be easily placed and anchored to minimize scour from concentrated flows in spillways and culvert outfalls, or from fluctuating water levels on shorelines or channel embankments.
- Because they are light-weight and less-costly, contractors prefer them over concrete mat systems.